Total Pageviews

Thursday, January 12, 2012

A cookie a day - Chocolate Coins

I planned ahead and put a recipe in my computer (and pic) to share with you.  I sit in the hospital with my dad today who had surgery to remove his prostate, as he was diagnosed with prostate cancer in November.  He is out of surgery and recovery and in his room now.  Also today, my brother and his wife had a baby girl, in a hospital 5 hours from the hospital I am sitting in - (too bad it couldn't have been the same hospital)!  My new niece's name is Peyton and we couldn't be happier to have her in our family!

Chocolate Coins

1 c. semisweet chocolate chips
1/2 stick butter, softened
1 1/4 c. flour
1/2 c. + 2tbsp. brown sugar
2 tbsp. cocoa powder
1/2 tsp. salt
2 eggs
zest of 1 orange

Melt chocolate chips and butter in a bowl in the microwave.  Set aside to cool for about 5 minutes.  Stir together your dry ingredients and set aside.  Beat together the eggs and orange zest for 1 minute.  Pour in the melted chocolate and mix for 1 minute.  Add the flur mixture and mix until well mixed.  Roll out your dough, use a round or scallop edged cookie cutter.  Sprinkle tops with granulated sugar.  Bake 10-12 minutes at 350 degrees.





No comments:

Post a Comment