Total Pageviews

Thursday, November 29, 2012

Coconut Lime Layer Cake :)

Okay - this recipe is brought to you by Land O Lakes - a beautiful and yummy cake.  Keeping in the coconut theme for November!  Which is hard since I found a recipe for sweet potato pound cake I was wishing I could share but I have to wait until Dec. for that one.  I have my Christmas cards here - need to address them and finish writing the letter and buy stamps.  I started some home decorating yesterday with my Flurryville Snowman collection!  I love those things and wish Herbergers was still producing them.  I have a bunch of them but I know I don't have all of them.....:( sad face.

Have a great day!

Coconut Lime Layer Cake
1 c. sugar
1 c. butter, softened
1 c. cream of coconut
2 tsp. freshly grated lime zest
4 eggs
1 c. buttermilk
3 c. all-purpose flour
1 tsp. baking powder
1/2 tsp. baking soda

Heat your oven to 350 degrees.  Grease and flour 2 layer pans.  Mix together your cake ingredients.  Beat until well mixed.  Pour into pans and bake for 35 to 40 minutes.  Cool 10 minutes.  Invert onto cooling racks and cool completely. 

Frosting:
1/2 c. butter, softened
1/4 c. cream of coconut
4 oz. cream cheese, softened
2 tsp. freshly grated lime zest
5 c. powdered sugar
4 to 5 tbsp. milk to thin

Mix together and assemble and frost your cake.  Sprinkle sides and top of cake with sweetened, flaked coconut!

No comments:

Post a Comment