Total Pageviews

Tuesday, December 16, 2014

Well, our snow WAS gone and then yesterday Mother Nature decided to remind us it is winter and I do live in Minnesota..............freezing rain; sleet; and then snow.  Then overnight we had blowing and the temp dropped.  This prompted me to get up this morning and make a pot of Bacon Cheeseburger Potato Soup!  I got it done in time to run my hubby some up to school for his lunch, (or so I thought), turns out he was already eating lunch.................well I had some anyways!

He will have to eat his later! Here is the recipe - which I have posted before:

Potato Bacon Cheeseburger Soup
1/2 c. onion chopped
6 slices bacon, partially cooked and cut into pieces
1 # lean hamburger
4 good sized potatoes, peeled and diced up small
fresh ground pepper

Place these items in your pot and let start sauteeing on med-high heat.  Stirring frequently keep sauteeing until bacon and hamburger are thoroughly cooked.  Stir in about 3/4 c. flour. 
Add 1 carton reduced sodium Beef Broth
Add 2 c. water
Stir to mix well.
Reduce heat and let simmer for 30-40 minutes. 
Stir in 1 can fat free evaporated milk.
Stir in 1-2 c. cubed american cheese (I used Land O Lakes) my favorite!

Reduce heat to very low and let simmer until cheese is all melted. 

No comments:

Post a Comment