Total Pageviews

Wednesday, March 30, 2011

Slow Cooker Cheesy Potato Soup - enough said :)

Well, spring has definately sprung in these parts, quite frustrating for sure.  My hubby, who happens to be having a birthday today, is getting mighty tired of hearing me whine about:
1.  spring not appearing
2.  snow not melting and possibly more snow coming
3.  no sunshine
I think thats all - ha!  For his birthday I am baking a cherry pie which I can't really post here because really, cherry pie is only making the crust and dumping in 2 cans of cherry pie filling - I can't help it it's his favorite!
I do make my crust from scratch however, there is really no other way to do it, it's so much better!  If you want my easy, peasy pie crust recipe let me know!  So, we are actually going out for some pizza for supper but we both need lunch for the next few days so in the crock pot today I have the above-mentioned soup.  Here is the recipe!

Slow Cooker Cheesy Potato Soup
1 bag (32 oz.) frozen southern style diced hashbrowns
1/2 c. chopped onion
1/2 c. chopped celery (or in my case I used dried celery flakes)
1 carton (32 oz.) chicken broth
1 c. water
3 tbsp. flour
1 c. milk
1 8 oz. bag shredded cheese, you pick the flavor you like
1 c. cubed ham (already cooked) I buy this already cubed too

In your crock pot, mix potatoes, onion, celery, broth and water, and I added a few dashes of pepper.  Cover.  Cook on low for 6-8 hours.  In a small bowl, mix flour into milk, stir into the potato mixture.  Cover and cook 20-30 minutes until mixture thickens.  Stir in cheese until melted.  SERVE!

7 comments:

  1. Thanks for the invite via facebook. You are an OUTSTANDING cook, so I am excited to have access to the recipes you are posting.

    Please extend birthday greetings to Ken.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is Brian's birthday today too. I forgot they shared the same birthday.

    ReplyDelete
  3. We live in Green Bay, WI and it is still winter here. Snow on the ground and more coming on Sunday. Last year at this time it was in the 70's. I heard that on the news and I really was depressed!!! At least we won the Super Bowl!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. The soup is VERY filling, it hit's the spot. Thanks Jill!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yummy! This will be perfect for the beginning of next week. We're having a ham dinner on Sunday, so this soup will be a perfect followup. Crockpot...even better! Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yum! Sounds so good!You have some great recipes!
    I'll be back to read more!
    You have a new follower!

    ReplyDelete