Total Pageviews

Thursday, May 3, 2012

Overnight Pull apart cinnamon Loaf :)

Hey, I cannot tell a lie, this is straight from the pages of the April 2012 issue of Better Homes and Gardens, I was reading it last night (I know I am a bit behind, but I usually am!).  I always ear mark the pages I cannot live without and then tear them out the next morning before recycling the rest of the magazine.   That way I don't have the bulk of saving all of the magazines.  I three-hole punch the pages I love and keep them in a 3-ring binder which is chock full of paint colors I want to try, decorating ideas and of course recipes. 
Today, My daughter Heather is graduating with her AA degree from M-State Fergus Falls, I am very proud of her and this accomplishment as she has never had an easy time with school, and she did this while working a 3/4 time job to boot, good for you Heather Nicole, Mom loves you! 

Overnight Pull-Apart Cinnamon Loaf
3/4 c. milk
1 pkg. active dry yeast
1/4 c. butter, melted
2 tbsp. sugar
1 egg, lightly beaten
1/2 tsp. salt
3 c. all-purpose flour
1/4 c. butter, melted
3/4 c. sugar
2 tsp. ground cinnamon
1 recipe of your favorite cream cheese frosting or powdered sugar glaze!

In a small saucepan heat milk until just warm.  Pour into a large mixing bowl and add the yeast.  Stir until yeast is dissolved.  Let stand 5 minutes or until foamy.  With a mixer beater 1/4 c. melted butter, 2 tbsp. sugar, egg and salt into the yeast mixture until combined.  Add half the flour and beat for 3 minutes.  Stir in remaining flour.  Shape into a ball.  Transfer to an oiled bowl.  Cover and regrigerate overnight. 
Butter a loaf pan and set aside.  Roll your dough into a rectangle.  Brush with 1/4 c. melted butter and sprinkle with the remaining sugar and cinnamon.  Cut dough into 5    12 x 4" strips.  Stack the strips and then cut six 4 x 2" pieces.  Loosly stagger into the prepared pan.  let rise in a warm place 45 minutes or until nearly doubled in size.  Bake at 350 for 30 minutes or until golden brown.  Cool  in pan for 10 minutes and then transfer to a serving plate.  Drizzle with frosting or glaze.  Sprinkle with chopped almonds or pistachios if desired!

1 comment:

  1. Let me know if you try this one :) I think it could be pulled off with frozen bread dough as well!

    ReplyDelete