Total Pageviews

Tuesday, March 1, 2011

Could we get a little breeze here?

Just wondering - could one day we maybe just get a little breeze instead of gale force winds?  My blue house number that is supposed to be visible for firefighters and such is totally buried in a drift of snow that just keeps growing and growing to mountain like proportions.  AND on top of it all, the weathermen on all the chanels I perused so far today have said that March came in like a LAMB?  Hello?  If this means the end of the month is going to bring us WORSE weather I am leaving this state once and for all!  In light of this I am feeling the need to bake and this is what I am planning to whip up (once I am done with work) for the day, that is!

Tangerine Pound Cake
3 c. all-purpose flour
1 tsp. baking powder
1/4 tsp. salt
2 1/2 c. sugar
1 c. butter, softened
1 tbsp. tangerine (or orange) peel
1 tsp. vanilla
5 eggs
1 c. milk
*Heat oven to 350 degrees.  Grease the bottom and side of a fluted tube cake pan (or 2 loaf pans).  Mix together your flour, baking powder and salt and set aside.  In another bowl beat the sugar, butter, peel, vanilla and eggs with electric mixer.  Beat on high speed for 5 minutes scraping the bowl occasionally.  Beat in the flour mixture alternately with milk on low speed, beating until just smooth after each addition.  Pour into pan (or pans).  If using a bundt cake pan bake for 1 hour 10 minutes.  If using loaf pans they take 55-60 minutes.

I have made this several times - it is yummy!  My son-in-law (who doesn't really like sweets) even likes this one  :)

**P.S.  IF we can ever find our way out of snowbanks to our grills - I saw a picture the other day of a sandwich - on a kaiser roll - a grilled chicken breast, topped with pepperjack cheese and salsa - YUM! (although I would use monterey jack on my sandwich - my hubby and son would love the pepperjack version!)

1 comment: