Total Pageviews

Wednesday, September 21, 2011

Computers . . .

Since the move, we have been totally wireless for computers and phones.  We will see how this works, we consider ourselves somewhat tech savvy but not really tech savvy - this for sure we have learned in the past 2 weeks.  My Old faithful Dell computer was getting a bit slow and it was not set up for wireless, so I decided to get a new one and ordered it and it finally showed up yesterday.  So now, I thought my husband will finally get my desk all assembled and get my new computer set up and I will be ready to go, Hey there, not so easy is what I learned last night.  First of all, we are going through the old computer (which is not hooked up to internet) to pull off information, pictures, documents, etc., that we feel we cannot be without.  You know the computer guys who will offer to transfer your information from one computer to your new one - TAKE THEM UP ON IT!  Needless to say, we spent about 3 hours working on this last night and alas, still today my desk is not ready and my new computer is not yet assembled.  Good thing hubby leaves his laptop here for me to work on!  Before the above-mentioned new computer showed up at the door last night, I did make this recipe, one I had not tried before, it too is in the Gooseberry Patch Best Ever Cookies cookbook (page 150) and was submitted to GP by Linda Elvins from Missouri!

Bake-Sale Butterscotch Bars
1/2 c. butter
2 c. brown sugar
In a saucepan over low heat, combine butter and brown sugar.  Cook until bubbly, stirring constantly.  Remove from heat and allow to cool.
Add:
2 eggs
1 tsp. vanilla
2 c. all-purpose flour
2 tsp. baking powder
1/4 tsp. salt
1 c. sweetened flaked coconut
1 c. chopped walnuts (optinonal)  I did not add the walnuts because I am not a fan of walnuts.
Mix thoroughly, spread into a greased 15 x 10 jelly roll pan and bake at 350 for about 25 minutes. 
**I used a 9 x 13 cake pan instead of the jelly roll pan and they turned out fine!

4 comments:

  1. Ooo these look awesome. Do they stay chewy and gooey too??

    ReplyDelete
  2. These look yummy...glad you're back up and running! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. YES Julie they are chewy and gooey!

    ReplyDelete
  4. My grandmother made these with pecans!

    ReplyDelete