Total Pageviews

Thursday, July 26, 2012

Lemon Shrimp Scampi

A supper idea - I know these are rare for me to post - since I usually post about sweets & desserts (hey, I have to honor my favorite food group!).  This, however, is hands-down my husband's favorite supper and it is quick, painless and easy to prepare!

Lemon Shrimp Scampi
salt & pepper
3/4# angel hair pasta, or linguine
2 tbsp. olive oil
3/4 # frozen shrimp (use whatever size you wish) and let them thaw - and remove the tails!
6 tbsp. butter
2 cloves of garlic, minced
1/4 c. lemon juice
2 tbsp. parsley

Cook your pasta to al-dente stage and drain.  Set aside.  In a large skillet heat the olive oil over med-high heat.  Add shrimp and cook until opaque. Put them aside on a plate or in a bowl.  Reduce your heat to medium.  Add the butter and garlic to the skillet and saute until garlic is soft and fragrant (about 2 minutes.  Add lemon juice and cook 1 minute.  Season with salt & pepper.  Remove from heat and stir in the parsley.  Toss all together in a big bowl and serve!

No comments:

Post a Comment