Total Pageviews

Tuesday, September 20, 2011

Packing, Unpacking, no time for cooking or baking . . .

Well I see that I have been almost 1 Month delinquent in posting to my blog.  Sorry about that.  As I type today it is from my new 2 bedroom, 2 bathroom apartment in Fergus Falls.  I have learned a great deal of things since my last post, some of them listed as follows:
1.  It's much easier to move across town, than it is to move 55 miles away, from the home you have known for the past 23 years.  :(
2.  It's much more exciting to unpack than it is to pack.
3.  It's no fun getting ready for a moving sale.
4.  It is exhilirating to go through stuff and decided you don't need that STUFF anymore.
5.  It is good to make lists!
6.  I hope I remember where the STUFF I did save, is all stored, some at a friends, some here in Fergus Falls and some at my Mom's house another 2 1/2 hours away.
7.  As soon as you pack something in a tote to be stored away for the next year - you will NEED it.

Shockingly, all of this work, as mentioned above - has not caused me to lose lots of stress related pounds  :(  Oh well, such is life.  Good news on that front - there is a very nice treadmill, in the fitness room, right down the hall from me, so I can't even use the "I am not going out in this weather" excuse to not exercise!  I did tread down to said treadmill last night and walked 2.5 miles in 35 minutes and then ran (well, more like, jogged) for the last 2 minutes!  Hey, I am trying.

Today is gray, rainy and cool here in Fergus so I am making my 6-can chili for supper and following it up with Lemon bars for dessert.  Please look through my previous posts for the chili recipe.  Without further ado, here is the lemon bar recipe, WHICH BTW (by the way) you can find on page 130 of Gooseberry Patch's cookbook entitled Best-Ever Cookies!

Buttery Lemon Snow Bars
1 c. butter, softened
1/2 c. sugar
2 2/3 c. all-purpose flour
Mix together.  Pat into the bottom of a greased 9 x 13 baking pan.  Bake @ 350 for 15-20 minutes, until light golden brown.  Then mix together, the following:
4 eggs
1 1/2 c. sugar
6 tbsp. lemon juice
1/4 c. flour
Mix well.  Pour over the baked crust.  Bake an additional 20 minutes.  Remove from oven, cool slightly.  Dust with powdered sugar (while still warm). 

No comments:

Post a Comment