Total Pageviews

Wednesday, April 20, 2011

Dinner & Dessert!

Well, I have to tell you it's SNOWING as I type this post this morning, really?  Is that necessary?  I suppose last weekends snowfall has melted so time for some more - ugh.  Last Saturday, I went to the Rick Springfield concert  :)  Yay!  Kudos to hubby for lining that surprise up for me.  Rick Springfield is so full of energy and his show was so fun, I could hardly stand it - ha.  I truly felt transported right back to the 80's (minus the big hair and leg warmers) although there were a few fans spotted sporting those!  Anywhoo, last night I had to whip up supper and this is what I made:  I am calling it Pork & Potatoes, I did not use a recipe I just combined some ingredients in a cake pan, put it in the oven and hoped for the best!

Pork & Potatoes
1 Hormel pork loin, I used a garlic/lemon marinated one
6 russet potatoes
1/2 of an onion
pepper
1 pint fat-free half & half
*Slice your pork loin into 1" or slightly thicker slices, Place in a saute pan, sprayed with Pam, and lightly brown on both sides.  In the meantime, spray Pam into a 9 x 13 cake pan, start thinly slicing your potatoes (I left the skins on) into the pan.  Slice your onion (as large of slices as you like) and place over the potatoes.  Sprinkle all with pepper.  Place pork slices over the top of this.  Pour the half & half over all.  Cover with tin foil and bake for 1 hour at 350.  Remove tin foil, bump oven temp up to 425 and bake and additional 8-10 minutes. 

Now for the dessert part:

Orange Tea Cake
1/2 c. butter, softened
3/4 c. sugar
2 eggs
1/4 c. milk
1/3 c. orange juice
1 tbsp. orange peel or orange zest
1 1/2 c. flour
1 1/2 tsp. baking powder
1/4 tsp. salt
*Mix together butter and sugar.  Add eggs.  Add milk, juice and zest.  Stir in dry ingredients.  Bake in a greased loaf pan at 350 for 45-50 minutes. 
**We had this for dessert, sliced with some cool-whip dolloped on top and then sliced bananas!

Enjoy! 
P.S.  I am still trying to decide what to make for dinner tonight  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment