Total Pageviews

Friday, July 8, 2011

Busy Week, but time for Key Lime Margarita Pie!

With it being the week of the 4th of July and everyone's schedules being all shifted around, what have we all accomplished this week?  Summer has hit West Central Minnesota hard this week, it has been sunny and warm and humid all at once.  If I lived at a lake I would have accomplished even less this week than I already have - ha!  We do have company coming tonight though as my hubby has a weekend full of running a 5k and golfing in a 3-man best ball, and he has invited my brothers down to join him in his endeavors.  Grant is also golfing in a golf tourney tomorrow - though not the same one as his dad!  Heather is going off to visit some friends and I will be here trying to keep people fed and hyrdated!  I work tonight so trying to get everything ready today!  Since its so warm outside I figured this would be a tasty & cool treat to serve up:

Key Lime Margarita Pie
1 1/4 c. crushed pretzels
1/4 c. sugar
6 tbsp. butter, melted
1 can (14 oz.) sweetened condensed milk
1/2 c. lime juice
1 envelope LIME KOOL-AID unsweetened mix
1 (8 oz.) tub Cool-Whip, thawed

Mix your pretzels and sugar together.  Stir in the butter.  Press firmly onto the bottom and sides of a 9-inch pie plate.  (set in freezer until ready to fill)
Combine the condensed milk, lime juice and KOOL-AID packet in a large bowl.  Stir well.  Stir in the cool whip.  Pour into the pie shell.  Freeze 6 hours or overnight!  Garnish with a dollop of cool whip and a slice of fresh lime (if desired!)  EAT!

No comments:

Post a Comment