Total Pageviews

Thursday, July 28, 2011

Morning Muffins!

First of all, I didn't realize it has been 17 days since I last posted a blog update!  Time flies when you are having fun (and maybe when you are busy working too!).  Eight of those days I wasn't blogging I was traveling to San Diego and vacationing there (while visiting my daughter and son-in-law) double bonus for me.  A few lessons learned about San Diego, since I had not been there before, first of all it is a long ways from Morris, MN.  Secondly, it is beautiful and the weather absolutely can't be beat.  Thirdly, there are so many restaurants, cafes, bakeries, etc., to see and try its very overwhelming.  Fourthly, I am trying to figure out how to get myself transplanted out there.  Flew back into Minnesota after our week there with NO humidity and NO bugs, as we were getting off the plane, I didn't even have to say it, the girl behind me in line did, Welcome back to HUMID Minnesota . . . .Me, personally, not a fan of that word or how it makes the temperature and outdoors feel!  Anywhoo, it was a great trip, a great time was had and now I am back to the reality of working, laundry, keeping the house clean, and trying to bake when I can!  This morning, with my central air humming along I cranked on the oven and made muffins for breakfast.  Here is the recipe I made, they are yummy for breakfast, or alongside a bowl of chili or soup on a cold winter evening as well. 

Sweeter Muffins
1 egg
1/2 c. milk
1/4 c. vegetable oil
1/2 c. sugar
1 1/2 c. flour
2 tsp. baking powder
1/2 tsp. salt
Mix ingredients together in order listed.  Spoon into a greased muffin tin and bake at 350 for 20-25 minutes. 
**This morning my batch made 9 muffins (i like to make a good size muffin).
**You can stir in chocolate chips, blueberries, raspberries, strawberries, etc., if you desire they are a good base muffin for mix-ins. 
**My family likes to eat them with butter or honey or jam!

1 comment:

  1. I haven't made muffins in a long time. These look good. Thanks for the reminder:)

    ReplyDelete