Total Pageviews

Monday, August 1, 2011

Sugar Cookies (Yum)

First of all, a shout-out to my sister-in-law, Michelle, as this recipe is from her.  I made these Friday night and have not had a chance to post a blog or the recipe since then.  This morning, I am procrastinating on getting to my real job so thought what better way to keep putting it off, but to post a new blog.  We are in a streak here in Minnesota of hot, humid days, a streak that I am telling you can end right now, its so sticky out its not even enjoyable to be outside.  I mowed the lawn yesterday and I am telling you its a very good thing no one took a pic of me afterwards, the camera would have crashed!  I then convinced my hubby it was a good afternoon to hit the beach, and he reluctantly agreed  :)  Anywhoo, my daughter is here from San Diego and I will see you later today, trying to decide now what to make for her, likely some biscotti as it's her favorite, and I just found a new recipe for Coconut Lime Biscotti.  IF, I get that far today, I will post that too  :)

Sugar Cookies (Michelle Gagner's recipe)
1 c. butter, softened
1 c. sugar
1 c. powdered sugar
2 eggs
1 c. vegetable oil ( I use canola)
5 c. flour (recipe calls for 4 c. plus 1 T.) I find more works a bit better (for me anyways)
1 tsp. soda
1 tsp. cream of tartar
1 tsp. salt
Mix all together.  Roll into balls.  Flatten with a glass dipped in sugar.  Bake @ 375 for 8-10 minutes.

No comments:

Post a Comment