Total Pageviews

Monday, October 10, 2011

Channeling Paula Deen :)

I have a few of Paula Deen's cookbooks.  Friday I was looking for a quick treat to whip up and bring to Morris for a small gathering to be held after the home football game.  I stumbled upon the Pretzel-Peanut bark recipe in the Paula Deen Celebrates cookbook.  Three ingredients and a few minutes was all it took to whip up this sweet/salty treat.  I love me some white chocolate so this was perfect for me.  It was also a hit at the party and is now but a distant memory.

Pretzel-Peanut Bark
18 squares (1 oz. each) white chocolate
3 c. skinny pretzel stick broken into small peices but not crushed (measure after breaking)
2 c. peanuts (I used honey roasted) I also chopped these up a bit so they were not whole or half peanuts.

Melt chocolate in microwave.  I did for 1 min. on high and then stirred and back in the microwave for about 40 more seconds.  It was perfectely melted.  Stir in the pretzels and peanuts.  Spread onto a sheet of waxed paper.  Let cool and harden.  Break into pieces and eat.

No comments:

Post a Comment