Total Pageviews

Monday, October 3, 2011

I made TWO pies :)

Well, another weekend is in the history books.  It was a busy one.  First of all made a 2 hour trek on Friday night to pick up a used car for our daughter, Heather.  Then turned around and drove 2 more hours back home.  Saturday was a Spartan football game, which our son is a team member of, so my mom, her husband, and my brother Scott all came down for the game.  Well, their grandson/nephew was the homecoming king!  Then yesterday got up and went to church and came home to watch the Vikings play - they are now 0-4 which is a stat I am not too proud to report, it doesn't however, wane my support for my team!  I also texted my son, the homecoming king, to see if he would be interested in coming over for supper, an hour later, no response, to I texted him again, seeing as it was past noon and a football game was on t.v., I knew he would be awake!  Still, however, no response.  So I had Heather trost it yety him too, still no answer.  Finally, as most mom's would do, Iwe texted one of his friends, and they informed us that Grant could NOT find his phone!  Now, I tell you this, because surprisingly, said son has had a cell phone for 3+ years now and has not lost it, until yesterday.....his roommate helped him look, his girlfriend helped him look and then I asked a girl he knows on campus to also help him look and she did.  So when he borrows a phone and calls me this morning I am going over there to do a final search before heading to the Sprint store.  Last night we did get him to come over for supper and I made he, his girlfriend and one of his roommates, cheeseburgers for the main course and PIES for dessert.  Here is the recipe for the apple pie I made:

MacIntosh One Crust Apple Pie
1/2 c. Crisco shortening
1 c. flour
1/2 tsp. salt
1/4 c. cold water
Mix together and roll out your crust.  Place in the bottom of your pie dish, and Crimp the top edges.
FILLING:
8 large MacIntosh apples
1 tsp. cinnamon
1/4 tsp. nutmeg
1/3 c. sugar
1/4 c. flour
Peel and slice the apples, place in a bowl and stir in the other ingredients.  Place in the unbaked pie crust in the pie plate.
TOPPING:
1 c. oatmeal
1 c. brown sugar
1/4 c. flour
1 tsp. cinnamon
1/4 tsp. nutmeg
1/2 c. butter, melted
Mix together to form your crumble.  Crumble over the top of the filling in your pie plate.  Bake @ 375 for 45-55 minutes, until golden brown on top!

No comments:

Post a Comment