Total Pageviews

Monday, October 24, 2011

Dinner tonight :)

Another very nice day here in Minnesota even though it is fall.  My heat has not kicked in for several days in a row again and today I actually have a window open for some fresh air  :)  We had a busy weekend watching our son's college football game, driving to Bemidji to visit family, and coming back home to work a shift at Herbergers!  I am not sure working at Herbergers is actually going to put money in my pocket, or just stuff in my closets?  So far I have worked 4 shifts and haven't bought anything but how long can I hold out?  This is the question of the day.  My hubby just called, to inform me, he is on his way home from work, he likes to do this so that I know when he will be getting home and it usually is a signal to get supper in the oven - ha!  Here is what I just popped into my oven now:

Scalloped Potatoes with Ham
2 tbsp. butter
2 tbsp. flour
1 1/2 c. skim milk
salt & pepper
1 tbsp. butter
1 small onion, chopped
1 bag frozen chunky hash brown potatoes
12 oz. chopped ham
1 c. grated cheddar cheese

Preheat oven to 350 degrees.  Spray your cake pan with PAM.  In a saucepan, melt 2 tbsp. butter and stir in the flour until mixed.  Whisk in the milk and bring to a simmer while stirring.  When sauce has thickened remove from heat.  Season with salt & pepper.  Spread 1/3 of your saucwe in the bottom of the pan and top with half the potatoes.  Top with half the onions and 1/2 the ham and 1/2 the cheese.  Add another 1/3 of the sauce.  Continue with one more layer of each ingredient.  Pour remaining sauce over the top.  Bake for 45 minutes, or until golden and bubbly.
P.S.  I got this recipe off of foodnetwork.com and altered just a tiny bit!

No comments:

Post a Comment