Total Pageviews

Wednesday, November 23, 2011

Busy prepping today!

Ok, yesterday I did all the shopping, it took me to three different stores!  Chaotic for sure but glad I did not wait until today.  This morning I had a DONUT and grapefruit for breakfast - ha, breakfast of champions for sure.  I did then trudge down the hall to the exercise room and worked out for 45 minutes.  I have swept everything and vacuumed every vacuumable surface.  Then I set out to get the cranberry sauce ready.  That is in its bowl and secure in the refrigerator.  I then got this side dish ready to just pop in the oven for 30 minutes tomorrow.  I found the recipe in a November issue of a magazine and adapted it to suit what I wanted to accomplish in a sweet potato side dish.  Once my mom gets here later this afternoon we are tackling the PIES (my favorite part!).  OH and BTW the turkey is safely thawing in the refrigerator.  Enjoy everyone and have a great day tomorrow! 

Carrot Sweet Potatoes
4 large sweet potatoes (or yams)
1/2 bag of pre-peeled baby carrots
1 c. orange juice
water
Peel your sweet potatoes and place in a large pan with your carrots.  Pour the juice over them and then proceed to add enough water to cover and set on the stove.  Bring to a boil, reduce heat and simmer until your carrots and sweet potatoes are tender.  Remove from heat.  Drain most of the water off.
Add 3 tbsp. brown sugar
a dash of nutmeg
and beat with your mixed until smooth and pureed.  Place in a baking dish.  Top with marshmellows.  Bake @ 350 for about 30 minutes until golden and toasty marshmellows appear! 

(I have them ready to go as shown in the pic, so that tomorrow, I just place in the oven and bake!)

No comments:

Post a Comment