Total Pageviews

Wednesday, November 2, 2011

San Diego bound....

I am off to San Diego tomorrow.  Going out to visit my daughter, and I am going with her grandma and her grandma's friend.  It should be a fun time  :)  Weather in San Diego is always lovely, so not at all worried about that.  Excited to get a bit of color to me already very pasty Minnesota skin.  Just hoping not to get burnt.  In the meantime, here on the home front, yesterday I went grocery shopping and stocked up the fridge for Ken and Heather.  I made a pan of their favorite Scotcheroos, and am whipping up some Goulash hotdish so they can survive the first few days.  I am thinking McDonalds and the like will be frequented in the next week here that I am on vacation.  So have a great week and I will hopefully be better about posting once I return, rejuvenated and refreshed and maybe a little bit tanned!

Scotcheroos
1 c. sugar
1 1/3 c. karo white syrup
*Put these ingredients together in a saucepan, stir well and bring to a boil.  Boil for 1 minute and then remove from heat.
Stir in:
1 1/2 c. Peanut butter
6 c. rice krispies
Spread into a buttered 9 x 13 pan (I use the tupperware one, because it has a handy lid).
In the microwave melt together (carefully):
1 c. milk chocolate chips
1 c. butterscotch chips
Spread this over your bars.  Regrigerate long enough to let the chocolate harden up.  Then remove from fridge.

No comments:

Post a Comment