Total Pageviews

Thursday, July 26, 2012

Three-Bean Pasta Salad

Okay, 3 recipes so far today - and I have one more slated to put up!  This because I know I have been in drought stage when it comes to my blog - with only a few July postings - I am using A Trip to San Diego, and a ROOT canal and house hunting as my excuses.

Three-Bean Pasta Salad
6 oz. small pasta shells
3/4 # fresh green beans, trimmed and cut small
2 tbsp. dijon mustard
1/3 c. vinegar
2 tbsp. honey
1/2 c. olive oil
1 can (15.5 oz.) pinto beans, rinsed and drained
1 can (15.5 oz.) garbanzo beans, rinsed and drained
4 scallions, white parts only, sliced thin
4 stalks celery, sliced thin

In a large pot of boiling, salted water, cook pasta 3 minutes less than package instructions.  Add the green beans and cook for 3 minutes.  Drain and rinse with cold water.  In a bowl combine the mustard, vinegar, honey and oil.  Add the pasta, beans, scallions and celery.  Toss gently.  Season with salt & pepper.  Refrigerate until ready to serve.

No comments:

Post a Comment