Total Pageviews

Tuesday, November 20, 2012

Yummy Squares

Continuing the November Coconut theme are these super quick and easy to throw together treats - they are called yummy squares.  If you didn't want to pour into a pan and cut into squares you could pour into Mini Muffin papers and make little candy type treats with it as well.  Thanksgiving is coming up quickly and the deal here is we have already had our meal with my family as that is the way the timing worked this year.  Now my mom and her husband have jetted off to spend the actual day with my daughter and son-in-law who live out in San Diego.  My middle daughter has to work that day and our son will be home with Ken and I.  I am thinking either ham or ribs - whichever strikes me when I go to the store today. That paired with a pan of cheesy hashbrowns a salad and a cherry pie (Ken and Grant both love this) for dessert. 

YUMMY SQUARES
1/2 c. butter
1 pkg. butterscotch chips
1 c. peanut butter
1 c. mini marshmellows
1/2 c. coconut

Butter a 9" cake pan. Melt the butter, peanut butter, butterscotch chips and marshmellows together.  Stir in your coconut.  Pour into the pan and put in the freezer to firm up.  Remove and cut into squares.

No comments:

Post a Comment