Total Pageviews

Friday, March 2, 2012

Cookies Today ~ Coconut & Cherry Macaroons

Well, we Minnesotan's have weathered a big storm this week and now today it is SUNNY!  Can't beat that.  We are to have temps in the 40's next week so we can kiss that snow goodbye, which is just fine with me.  As I sit here sipping my chocolate mint hot cocoa I am sifting through cookie recipes and which one to share with you today, I decided to post one that is not what everyone might have at the top of their list but they are good, especially if you love coconut like I do!  Check it out!

Coconut & Cherry Macaroons
2 c. flaked coconut
4 egg whites
3/4 c. sugar
2 tsp. vanilla
pinch of salt
1/2 c. dried cherries (or cranberries)

Preheat your oven to 350.  Combine all of your ingredients except your cherries in a large heat-proof bowl over a large pot of simmering water.  Stir it constantly for 6 minutes, or until the egg whites have started to thicken.  The mixture is ready when it starts to hold shape.  Remove the bowl from the pan and stir in the cherries.  Drop large spoons onto the greased baking sheets.  Bake 15 minutes until the macaroons are golden.  Cool.

No comments:

Post a Comment