Total Pageviews

Thursday, March 29, 2012

A treat for this gloomy gray day! Easy Turtle Squares

Today here in my neck of the woods - it is Gray, I mean really gray (dark gray), cold, rainy, thunder and lightning as well, and I can't concentrate on my work so I am hitting the kitchen to make some treats, turning on the oven always warms up the house and making something yummy cheers everyone up!
P.S.  I found this recipe in a cookbook I have called the Cake Mix Bible!

I hope you choose to whip up a batch and share with your friends and family as well.

Easy Turtle Squares
1 pkg. chocolate cake mix
1/2 c. butter, melted
1/4 c. milk
1 c. semisweet chocolate chips
1 c. chopped pecans
1 jar (12 oz.) of caramel ice cream topping

Preheat your oven to 350.  Spray a 9 x 13 pan with cooking spray.  Combine cake mix, butter and milk.  Press 1/2 of this mixture into your pan.  Bake about 8 minutes or until it begins to form a crust.  Remove from oven.  Sprinkle chocolate chips and 1/2 the pecans over the crust.  Drizzle the caramel topping over this.  Dollop the remaining cake batter over this and sprinkle with remaining pecans.  Bake 18-20 minutes or until top springs back when lightly touched.  Cool.

3 comments:

  1. Sounds like a perfect treat on a gloomy day! Great photo, btw :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. These would be dangerous to keep around my house! I would eat the whole pan, no lie! Hope your weekend is bright and sunny!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Do what I do, bake them, eat one or two and then send the rest with my husband to his work!

    ReplyDelete