Total Pageviews

Tuesday, May 8, 2012

A cookie straight from Martha Stewart.....Glazed Citrus Doodles

ANOTHER rainy, gray, cool day here in Northwestern Minnesota - ugh - I so want the sun to come out.  I am having a hard time being motivated atl all.  I simply want to eat cookies and snuggle on the couch with the warm, fuzzy blankie!  I got my son moved out of his campus housing and have successfully washed and put away all of his stuff - it took 4 straight days of laundry but its done!  Now he is off to his summer job, his sister is off to hers and my hubby is tucked away at work too.  I hope you whip these up and enjoy them too!  and P.S.  I am SOOOOOOOOO missing my rhubarb patch right now :(

Glazed Citrus Doodles
2 3/4 c. all-purpose flour
1 tbsp. baking powder
1/4 tsp. salt
1 c. butter, softened
1 1/2 c. sugar
2 tbsp. grated orange zest, plus 3 tbsp. orange juice
4 tsp. lemon zest, plus 3 tbsp. lemon juice
2 eggs
2 1/2 c. powdered sugar

Preheat your oven to 350.  Whisk together flour, baking powder and salt.  In a seperate bowl beat butter, sugar, 1 tbsp. orange zest, and 2 tsp. lemon zest together.  Until pale and fluffy.  Beat in eggs one at a time.  Add flour - beat to combine.  Roll dough into 1" balls and bake 12 to 15 minutes until edges are lightly brown.  Cool.  Whisk together 1 tbsp. orange zest, 2 tsp. lemon zest, the lemon and orange juices, with the powdered sugar.  Spread over the cooled cookies!  and as always ENJOY!

No comments:

Post a Comment