Total Pageviews

Tuesday, May 1, 2012

Moving Again......

Well, It's now official!  My hubby has accepted a new position as the principal of the Morris Elementary School and therefore, its a good thing we have just been renting this past year, so we don't have a house to sell!  My mind is reeling, I am obsessed with checking the house listings, only to see nothing new since I checked this morning or last night.......this feeling of being in limbo is hard for me.  So to ease my stress today I made these Turtle bars!  Try them yourself, they are good  :)

TURTLE BARS
3/4 c. butter
1/3 c. sugar
1 tsp. vanilla
2 c. all-purpose flour
pinch of salt
2 c. pecans, chopped

Topping: 
1/2 c. butter
3/4 c. brown sugar
1/2 c. chocolate chips

Preheat your oven to 350.  Line a 9 x 13 pan with tin foil.  Melt the butter in a saucepan over medium heat.  Remove and stir in the sugar and vanilla.  Stir in the flour and sale.  Press the dough into the bottom of hte pan.  Bake for 10 minutes.  Sprinkle the pecans over the baked layer and bake 10 more minutes. 
Topping:  Melt the butter and stir in the sugar.  Bring to a boil and boil for 1 minute.  Pour this over the crust and pecans and bake 10 minutes.  Remove from the oven and Sprinkle with the chocolate chips.  Cool.  Cut into bars!

No comments:

Post a Comment