Total Pageviews

Tuesday, February 8, 2011

Still Baking Biscotti!

Hello all!  I am actually still baking Biscotti - helps to warm up the kitchen and the house smells great!  I finished my batch of Pistachio Biscotti (which I have now posted a picture of on the previous posting).  Thought I best make another batch as long as I was baking and had a mess in my kitchen so as I type this the following Biscotti recipe is baking!  (P.S.)  The reason for two batches of biscotti in one day is that I promised my daughter, Jessica, that I would bring her one batch and she requested the pistachio flavor!  I know many of you are thinking back to my earlier post when I mentioned my plaque that "a balanced diet is NOT a cookie in each hand" - ha - good to think of but today it's not the reason I am whipping up two batches!

BISCOTTI

1/2 c. vegetable oil
3 eggs
1 c. sugar
1 tbsp. anise extract
3 1/4 c. flour
1 tbsp. baking powder
1 c. chopped, toasted almonds

Preheat the oven to 375 degrees.  In your mixer combine:  oil, eggs, sugar and flavoring and mix until well blended.  Mix in your dry ingredients .  Stir in the almonds.  Form into logs about 12" long and 1/2 to 1" thick.  Put on your baking sheet or baking stone.  Bake for 30 minutes.  Remove from oven and cool for 5 minutes.  Slice each loaf into 1" diagonal slices.  Place the slices on your baking sheet and return to the oven for 10 minutes on each side.  Eat, hey may as well try them both and have one in each hand (for balance that is!)

No comments:

Post a Comment