Total Pageviews

Wednesday, February 16, 2011

Well, Well, Well . . .

Ok, my previous post stated that I had some serious certainty that Valentine's Day was going totally un noticed in the Gagner house, Alas, I have to eat my words (well I like to eat so that part is not so bad, ha!).
This is what happened instead, my husband of lots of years, came through with a homemade card (on pink cardstock he rummaged in my craft supplies to find), a beautifully wrapped box, (he had help here we ALL have to admit that), and inside the beautifully wrapped box -was a silver key to his heart necklace!  There were even a few dove chocolates tossed into the bright pink gift bag.  All right - I am sure he got the chocolates from his secretary's desk at school, but I don't care it's Dove and now it's mine  :)  So here's a tip of my hat (if I ever wore one) to my hubby - he did come through and I like the gift too :) a Double bonus.  So if you run in to him somewhere tell him, Job Well Done.  Since I sort of (well definately) bashed him in the previous blog I am posting the recipe for his very favorite bars here now!

Chocolate Revel Bars
1 c. butter
2 1/2 c. all-purpose flour
2 c. brown sugar
2 eggs
4 tsp. vanilla
1 tsp. baking soda
3 c. quick cooking oatmeal
1 1/2 c. chocolate chips
1 14 oz. can sweetened condensed milk (I always use fat-free!) ha save a calorie or 2...
1/2 c. chopped pecans (optional)

*In a mixing bowl beat the butter until fluffy.  Add about 1/2 of the flour, the brown sugar, egggs, 2 tsp. of the vanilla and the baking soda.  Beat till combined, add in the rest of the flour, mix well and then stir in the oatmeal.  Set aside.
*In a medium saucepan combine the chocolate chips and the condensed milk.  Cook over low heat until the chocolate is melted,  stir well.  Remove from heat and stir in the remaining 2 tsp. vanilla.  (if you are using pecans, add them in the chocolate mixture now!)
*Press 2/3 of the oatmeal mixture into the bottom of an ungreased 9 x 13 cake pan.  Spread the chocolate mixture over this.  Using your fingers, drop the remaining oat mixture over the chocolate layer.
*Bake in a 350 degree oven about 25 minutes or until the top is lightly browned.  Cool.  Eat!

P.S.  The coconut cream pie from the VD post is very yummy! 

No comments:

Post a Comment