Total Pageviews

Tuesday, February 8, 2011

COLD, COLDS and BISCOTTI!

Well, I must apologize for ignoring my blog for a bit here, but I have been a bit under the FREEZING COLD weather with a COLD!  I pride myself generally on the ability to remain healthy when others around me are sick but this time - it got me.  I have been sneezing and wheezing since last Wednesday and I am not happy about it.  Kleenex is my new best friend but my nose is getting sore despite our friendship.  Since I have a Cold and it's way to COLD outside to go out there I am going to be home a good portion of the day baking Biscotti!  Here is the first recipe I am headed to the kitchen now to bake!

Pistachio Biscotti
1 1/2 c. pistachio nuts (last week at Walmare I found them in a bag, already shelled!)
1/2 c. butter
3 eggs
1 c. sugar
1 tsp. vanilla
3 1/2 c. flour
1 tsp. baking powder
1/2 tsp. salt

Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.  Lay the pistachios on a cookie sheet in a single layer.  Bake for 10 minutes to lightly toast them.  Remove from the oven and set aside.
In an electric mixer, beat the butter until light and fluffy.  Gradually add the eggs, sugar and vanilla and mix until well creamed.  Add the dry ingredients and mix until dough is smooth.  Stir in the pistachios.
Put the dough on a lightly floured surced and cut in half.  Roll each half into a log.  approx. 12 inches long by 1 inch high.  Place the logs on your baking stone (the only thing I bake with) or an ungreased cookie sheet.  Bake for 35 minutes, or until lightly golden brown.  Remove from the oven.  Let cool for 5 minutes and then slice each long into 12 1" thick pieces (diagonally).  Put them back on your baking sheet and bake 5 more minutes.  Turn each cookie over and return to the oven for an additional 5 minutes. 
Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment