Total Pageviews

Wednesday, April 25, 2012

A beautiful day for STRAWBERRY SHORTCAKE

It is sooooooooooooooooooooo nice outside.  I really wish I wasn't living in this apartment right now and I could have a GRILL and make brats for supper - yum - they sound so good right now.  Unfortunately, I do live in the apartment and I can't have a grill so I am NOT having brats for supper - I am having this for dessert though!  Get out there and enjoy this weather - the next few days don't sound so good....

STRAWBERRY SHORTCAKES
strawberries, hulled and quartered, sprinkle with a little sugar, set aside
1 pt. whipping cream, whip until still peaks form, add in some sugar and vanilla, refrigerate.

Cakes:
1/2 c. melted butter
1 egg (crack this into a 1 cup measuring cup)
fill the cup with enough milk to reach the top
1 1/2 c. flour
1/2 c. sugar
2 tsp. baking powder

Melt the butter.  Stir in the sugar.  Add in the milk and egg.  Stir in the flour & baking powder.  Bake in Muffin tins or a 8" cake pan.  Bake @ 350 for about 20-25 minutes or until just lightly golden brown!

No comments:

Post a Comment