Total Pageviews

Tuesday, December 13, 2011

Almond Roca :)

I have been busy in the kitchen today.  First of all, I have cheesy potato soup in the crock pot.  (If you are interested in that recipe, look back in my blog history for it!).  Then I made a batch of Almond Roca, I got the recipe from "Recipe Girl", you can find her blog on Facebook.  This is chilling in the fridge as we speak, so I took a pic of it still in the pan  :)  Only four ingredients, so get cracking!

ALMOND ROCA
1 1/2 c. chopped toasted almonds, divided
1 c. light brown sugar (packed)
1 c. butter
4 Hershey bars

Butter a 9 x 6 baking pan.  Sprinkle 1 c. of the almonds on the bottom of the pan.  In a saucepan, combine your brown sugar and butter.  Bring this to a gentle boil and boil for 12 minutes stirring constantly.  Remove from heat and pour over the almonds into the pan.  Unwrap your hershey bars and place on top of the hot mixture.  Let melt and then spread carefully.  Sprinkle the remaining almonds on top.  Let cool.  Either on the counter, in the fridge or in the freezer.  Cut into the pan with a sharp knife and break into pieces.  YUM!

No comments:

Post a Comment