Total Pageviews

Tuesday, December 6, 2011

Crock Pot Candy - my altered version...

I have often seen a recipe and pictures of "Crock Pot" candy.  I clicked on it today, out of curiosity and decided it sounded good and easy to try.  Of course, I can't ever seem to make a recipe exactly according to the recipe so here is what I did - they did turn out tasty but certainly the chocolate is not as dark as it could be (or is in the recipe I altered).

Crock Pot Treats
2 1/2 c. peanuts, almonds and cashews
4 oz. peanut butter chips
4 oz. chocolate chips
4 oz. white chocolate chips
1 8 oz. german chocolate baking bar
1 1/2 pkg. white almond bark candy coating

Layer all of these, in this order, in your crockpot.  Put the lid on, turn on low.  3 hours later.  Turn off heat, stir and scoop into paper cups or onto waxed paper.  Let harden.  Eat!

Question now - is what to try next?  Any suggestions out there?  I am pretty adventurous when it comes to trying new treats/cookies, etc.
I do need to get some choc. chip cookies whipped up as I have promised some people some of those for tomorrow :)
Then next on my list - my gingerbread cookies  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment