Total Pageviews

Tuesday, December 13, 2011

Also, made Cocoa Gingerbread Cutouts!

I said I have been busy in the kitchen.  I also whipped up a batch of these.  Tomorrow, both my husband and I are planning to bring trays of cookies/goodies (that I have whipped up) to our work places.  So I wanted to get a few more things done to add some variety, and I have to work tonight so had to get it done today.  This recipe was given to me last year by my oldest daughter, Jessica, she found it online at Food.com, we both fell in love with them.  I had forgotten I had the recipe and then today I was going through my binder of recipes I have clipped from magazines or printed off the internet and I came across it, I am so glad I did, because I do love these!  (p.S. I doubled the recipe found on the website to the following)

Cocoa Gingerbread Cutouts
1/2 c. butter, softened
4 tbsp. Crisco shortening
2/3 c. brown sugar
1/2 c. molasses
2 eggs
3 c. flour
1/2 c. unsweetened cocoa powder
1 tsp. baking soda
1 tsp. ginger
1 tsp. cinnamon
1/4 tsp. salt
1/2 tsp. nutmeg

I preheated the oven to 350 (instead of 400). 
Cream together your butter, shortening, brown sugar and molasses.  Add in eggs and beat until light and fluffy.  Add in your dry ingredients and mix well.  Regrigerate to chill dough until firm.  Roll out into 1/4" thickness on a floured surface.  Cut out with cookie cutters.  I then sprinkle with colored sugars! Bake 8-10 minutes until firm.

Give them a try - you won't be disappointed!

No comments:

Post a Comment