Total Pageviews

Monday, June 4, 2012

2 Posts in One Day :)

Found this recipe in the Midwest Living, June 2012 issue.  On the cover was a stack of S'more's - who doesn't love S'mores?  I know I sure do - As I logged on to post today - I see that all year my blog posts have been going down month by month - so I am vowing in June to try and bring the number back up - will see how I do!

S'More Pie a la Marshmallow Creme
6 oz. chocolate, finely chopped
1/4 c. whipping cream
2 tbsp. dark Karo syrup
1/4 c. water
2 tsp. vanilla
4 oz. cream cheese, softened
1 c. whipping cream
1/2 c. powdered sugar
1 c. mini-marshmallows
Graham Cracker Crust
Topping

In a saucepan mix chocolate, 1/4 c. cream, corn syrup and water.  Heat and stir over medium heat until smooth.  Remove from heat and add vanilla.  Cool 20 minutes, stirring occasionally.
In a bowl mix chocolate mixture and cream cheese.  In a separate bowl beat the 1c. whipping cream until peaks form, blend in powdered sugar.  Using a spatula, fold this into the chocolate/cream cheese mixture.  Place mini marshmallows in the bottom of the crust.  Spoon in the chocolate mixture.  Chill at least 4 hours.  Spoon the topping on and serve!

TOPPING:  1    7 oz. jar marshmallow cream and 1 tbsp. milk, stir these together and spoon over the top of the pie - SERVE!

No comments:

Post a Comment