Total Pageviews

Thursday, June 7, 2012

Fruit Cream Layer Cake :)

Yet another yummy way to use a yellow cake mix, of course you can create your yellow cake from scratch - but I often find the boxed variety is plenty yummy!

Fruit Cream Layer Cake
1 box yellow or even white cake mix
2 c. strawberries or raspberries
3 tbsp. confectioner's sugar
2 c. cold heavy whipping cream

Preheat oven to 350.  Mix your cake mix as directed.  Pour batter into 8 or 9" cake rounds (2 of them).  Bake.  COOL.  Whip your cream until soft peaks form, beat in the sugar and a dash of vanilla.  Whip until stiff peaks form.  Stir in your berries, sliced thin.  Put bottom layer on cake plate, top with half of the whip cream mixture.  Top with additional cake layer.  Top with remaining whipped mixture.  Refrigerate.

5 comments:

  1. That looks delish! I might cheat on my no dairy rule for that.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You know me too well, I am a whipping cream kinda of girl! No icing for me...bring on the whipping cream ;) Thank you for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks scrumptious.

    ReplyDelete