Total Pageviews

Friday, June 29, 2012

Chocolate Chip Cheesecake :)

The kids have been asking for a cheesecake, and then the son told his co-workers he would bring them some cheesecake - so I guess I had to buck up and make a cheesecake.  When I moved into this temporary apartment almost 10 months ago, I did bring my spring-form pan, because lord knows it's an ESSENTIAL.  Glad to say I dusted it off yesterday and I must say, as you will see in the pic, we did some taste testing last night! Oh and for those of you who have never made a "real" cheesecake - do not fear - it's not that daunting of a task.

CHOCOLATE CHIP CHEESECAKE
In your springorm pan, stir together 1 1/2 c. graham cracker crumbs, 2 tbsp. sugar and 1/3 c. melted butter.  Stir well and pat down to cover the bottom and a bit up the sides of the pan.  Set in freezer while you prepare the filling.
Preheat your oven to 325.

3 8 oz. pkg. Philadelphia cream cheese,  I used 1 regular and 2 light ones
1 tbsp. vanilla
1 1/4 c. sugar
3 eggs
1 c. sour cream, I used fat free
1 c. mini semi-sweet chocolate chips


Mix together your cream cheese, sugar and vanilla until well mixed and light and fluffy.  Add eggs one at a time and beat well after each egg.  Stir in the sour cream and chocolate chips.  Pour into your chilled crust.  Bake for about 1 hour, or until the middle is no longer jiggly.  Turn off the oven and open the door and let cheesecake rest in there for 30 minutes.  Refrigerate a good 3 hours before eating - more time is even better.  Keep refrigerated.

Picture 1 is before it went into the oven....





Picture 2 is after some sampling occurred :)

2 comments:

  1. Oh my, that looks delicious! I especially like the height of the cake... YUM!

    ReplyDelete