Total Pageviews

Thursday, February 9, 2012

A cookie A day ~Sour Cream Sugar Cookies

I have decided I can be a baby about being sick.  I simply don't like it, not that anyone does, I realize this.  However, I so seldom get colds and am often bragging about how I don't get them when others around me do.  Then I got one.  My nose is slowly recovering from all the sneezing and blowing.  I have discovered the Kleenex with lotion is awesome. 

Sour Cream Sugar Cookies
1 c. Crisco shortening
1 c. sugar
1 egg
1 c. sour cream ( I used the light sour cream)
2 tsp. vanilla
4 c. all-purpose flour
1 1/2 tsp. baking soda
1/4 tsp. salt

Mix all together and refrigerate 1 hour.  Remove from fridge and roll out to a 1/4" thickness.  Cut with whatever cookie cutters you desire.  Use a simple powdered sugar frosting, tinted the color you choose to frost them.  (I leave some with no frosting) I love them this way!

No comments:

Post a Comment