Total Pageviews

Friday, May 6, 2011

Changes, again . . .

This past fall, my husband accepted a new job in Battle Lake, Minnesota, my two youngest children (19 & 20) now, went off to college in Fergus Falls and then this Spring my daughter and her husband moved to San Diego, CA!  Lots has been going on for everyone in my family - except really me - ha!  I took a part-time job at the local BP to keep myself out of the empty house some of the time.  And secretly to keep me out of my kitchen where I would bake every day and then usually proceed to eat at least some of what I have baked.  The peeps are slowly returning to the nest.  Yesterday the first one arrived home, and so this morning I am making his favorite Chocolate Chip muffins for breakfast.  The only problem is, I am not sure when he will wake up?  It could be lunchtime - but alas, there will be muffins, regardless!

Chocolate Chip Muffins
2 c. all-purpose flour
1/2 c. sugar
1 tbsp. baking powder
1/2 tsp. salt
1/4 tsp. nutmeg
1 egg
3/4 c. skim milk
1/3 c. vegetable oil
3/4 c. miniature semi-sweet chocolate chips
*Preheat oven to 400 degrees.  In a bowl mix together your wet ingredients.  Add in your dry ingredients, stir in your chocolate chips.  Scoop into greased muffin tins (or use a liner!).  Bake for 18-20 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean.  This batch makes 1 dozen regular size muffins!  You can double it - as you will find they are good and they freeze well!

No comments:

Post a Comment