Total Pageviews

Tuesday, May 17, 2011

Late, especially for me!

Here it is 11:08 p.m. - I am usually sound asleep by now, so that I can wake up at my usual time of 2:30, ugh!  Thankfully that doesn't happen to me every night but enough nights to be a pain in the royal rear, if you get my drift.  I have had to close the past two nights at my part-time BP job so therefore, I was up late checking my facebook (of course!) and thought I may as well hop on over to my blog and type up a post!  We have had sun for two straight days here in West Central Minnesota and it has been fabulous, according to Mr. Weatherman we are to have one more and then 4 straight days of clouds and rain  :(  Not what the farmers I know want to hear, or what I want to hear for that matter.  The college kids I have mentioned in previous blogs are keeping me on my toes with more household food consumption, more laundry piling up and more wondering, What is there to eat?  Here is my Scotcheroo recipe which I made today (before I headed to BP!)

Scotcheroos
1 c. sugar
1 1/3 c. karo syrup (light)
*I use a 3 quart saucepan.  Place over medium-high heat, stir and bring to a boil.  Let boil for 1 minute.  Remove from heat.  Stir in 1 1/2 c. creamy peanut butter.  Stir in 6 cups of Rice Krispies.  Spread this mixture into a buttered 9 x 13 pan.  In a microwave safe bowl, pour 1 c. butterscotch chips and 1 c. milk chocolate chips.  Microwave on high for 1 minute.  Stir.  Continue to microwave in 30 secon increments until all melted and will stir together smoothly.  Spread over the rice krispie mixture.  Refrigerate for 2 hours (to let the topping harden!)  EAT (which may mean you have to hide from College students!) ha!

No comments:

Post a Comment