Total Pageviews

Wednesday, May 18, 2011

Easy Breezy Day and Strawberry Shortcakes too, yes please~!

Here in West Central Minnesota, where I live it happens to be the third straight day of BEAUTIFUL weather!  Hey, around here that is an accomplishment worth noting.  Sunny, warm (but not hot) and just a slight breeze and birds chirping outside my window too.  Gotta love it!  Gooseberry patch is asking for Strawberry recipes today so this is what fresh strawberries bring to mind in my house, besides just eating them straight from the container (after washing of course!).  This shortcake recipe is the one my late gradma used to use and it was passed on to me by my aunt (thank you!).  I need to get right to the recipe so I can go outside before I have to get some work done!

Strawberry Shortcakes
1/2 c. melted butter
1 egg (break into a 1c. measuring cup) fill the cup with milk
1 1/2 c. flour
1/2 c. sugar
2 tsp. baking powder
Mix all together in a bowl and stir quickly.  Spoon into greased muffin tins.  Bake at 350 for 20-25 minutes.
Remove from oven.  Cut cake in half and place on plate, spoon fresh whipped cream and sliced strawberries on top! 

No comments:

Post a Comment