Total Pageviews

Thursday, May 12, 2011

Ups and Downs and learning too~!

Well two days ago it was so warm and humid that I ALMOST turned on the air conditioning.  Now today I have the heat back on . . .its gray, cloudy and COLD.  Such unmoderated weather we seem to experience here in Minnesota.  I wouldn't be surprised if snow shows up in the forecast again, angry, yes, surprised no.  Besides ups and downs in the weather department, they are also in the laundry room, the pile was way UP and day by day I am whittling it down.  Two kids returned home from college for the summer and (somewhat clean freak) mom that I am, I said - throw anything you had with you at school in the laundry room, that was a whole week ago and I am still trying to find the bottom of the pile.  The learning part of this blog is that my last blog post was that I had made my sweet, now 19 year old son, his favorite breakfast, Chocolate chip muffins, he has since corrected me that they are no longer his favorite breakfast but the following recipe is!  I will make this recipe this weekend, because my hubby better be home when I make this breakfast or I will be in trouble!   :)

Sausage Gravy & Biscuits
1 pound ground breakfast sausage
2 tbsp. finely chopped onion
1 tbsp. flour
1 c. milk
1/2 tsp. poultry seasoning
1/4 tsp. nutmeg
1 dash worcestershire sauce
1 dash tabasco sauce
1 tube Pillsbury Grand Biscuits (or you can make your own from scratch!) (however, FYI these are good & easy!)
*Preheat oven to temperature stated on the tube of biscuit dough.  Put biscuits in oven to bake as directed.  Meanwhile:
Crumble sausage in skillet and cook over medium heat, add onion and cook until tender.  Drain.  Stir in flour, add milk slowly and cook until bubbly and golden.  Stir in seasonings and heat through.  Serve over the warm biscuits - I cut the biscuit in half and pour the gravy over the tops of the halves!

1 comment:

  1. It is amazing what becomes their favorite when they are gone for a year!

    ReplyDelete