Total Pageviews

Sunday, January 23, 2011

Appliances . . .and Chili

All of the appliances we have in our households make our lives so much simpler than that of our ancestors, that is until one of them dies . . .speaking of which, my dryer decided to go to Appliance Heaven last night.  Sooooooooo I have two kids home from college plus all of the regular weekly laundry - I am currently washing it all so that I can take it all at once to the laundromat to dry it.  Not my idea of fun - but at least I don't always have to do my laundry at the laundromat.  Since this is going to occupy a good chunk of time today and I want to be done before football games start, I am whipping up some chili for supper, since it doesn't take much work or time.  Here is my recipe for what I call:

6 can Chili

1# lean ground beef
1/2 onion chopped fine
Brown together until beef is cooked.
Pepper to taste
Stir in:
3 cans (16 oz.) beans, with the liquid - you can use whatever you prefer, kidney, pinto, etc.
2 cans (15 oz.) diced tomatoes with the juice
1 can (15 oz.) tomato sauce
1/3 c. brown sugar
3 tbsp. chili powder

Stir all together and let simmer.  If you prefer more chili seasonsing, add it.  If you want spicier chili I add a dash of cayenne powder as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment