Total Pageviews

Tuesday, January 4, 2011

New Year, New Resolutions!

New Year - 2011 = New Resolutions!
     I don't generally make a resolution but my husband and I made a deal, if he would take his nightly low dose aspirin for his heart - I would floss my teeth.  The funny part of this is that I was the original flosser in this house and then I fell out of the habit and my hubby picked it up and has been a nightly flosser for well over a year now (and always happy to gloat about it).  Lets face it, when I am getting ready for bed spending an extra 3 minutes flossing was just so not on my agenda!  So anyways so far so good - four days into the New Year and I haven't missed a flossing event  :)
     Here is a recipe for any of you who may have resolved to eat healthy or try new things:

Cashew Chicken
2 chicken breasts, chopped in small chunks
2 tbsp. vegetable oil
2 c. chopped celery
1 c. sliced onion
2 tbsp. hoisin sauce (find in your exotic food aisle)
Cashew halves (use as many as desired)  generally 1 to 1 1/2 c. cashews
Cooked rice *use brown rice for extra health benefits
Pour vegetable oil into a non-stick skillet over medium heat.  Add the onion and celery, saute for about 5 minutes.  Add in the chicken.  Saute until chicken is cooked. Stir in the hoisin sauce until everything is coated.  Stir in cashews and heat through.  Serve over hot rice.
YUM! 
*Now that we are considered empty nesters this is my favorite go-to meal - the kids don't like it but Ken and I do - and as long as I have the chicken thawed out I can get this whipped up in no time.  Impressive and very tasty.

No comments:

Post a Comment