Total Pageviews

Tuesday, January 18, 2011

Bachelors & Meatballs . . .

As I type this, I am not 100% certain how my Blog Title relates to one another but here goes.  Last night I was busy, so had to tape (yes, I said tape) I do not yet have DVR - although I wish I did!  SOOOO I just now finished watching my taped episode of the Bachelor.  I know there are many people out there who do not watch the Bachelor or Bachelorette - I cannot say I am one of those people.  I can say I am one of the people who has watched every single episode of every single season . . .why I am not certain, I think it's perhaps a guilty pleasure - no thinking required and it's easy to get wrapped up in wanting people to find happiness!  On that note, some of the Bachelors have certainly been Meatballs - ha - there is no denying that it's a fact as true as the fact that most of the Bachelor/Bachelorette relationships don't end up lasting.  So to continue with the meatballs - here is today's recipe:

Sweet & Sour Meatballs
1 egg
2 tbsp. milk
1 c. bread crumbs (seasoned)
2 tbsp. chopped onion
1 # lean ground beef
1 tbsp. corn starch
3/4 c. unsweetened pineapple juice
1/2 c. BBQ sauce
1/4 c. water
1 c. whole berry cranberry sauce
Cooked rice

Mix the first 5 ingredients together, shape into 1" meatballs.  Brown meatballs.  In a bowl, combine the next 4 ingredients until smooth, add the cranberry sauce.   Pour over the browned meatballs in your skillet.  Bring to a boil and cook until thickened.  Lower heat, cover and simmer for 10 minutes.  Serve hot over rice!

No comments:

Post a Comment