Total Pageviews

Sunday, June 19, 2011

Father's Day & Cheesecake~!

It's Father's Day and I have made my phone calls to my Dad and my Step-Dad, I wish I had a Grandpa to call too.  My husband is off for a round of golf and it's a pretty relaxed day here so far.  I made the family Morning Mix-Up (see previous blog post for recipe) and currently have a cheesecake baking in the oven.  Going to pull some steaks out and grill them later!  Hope you and yours have a nice, relaxing, or fun-filled day as well.  Here is the cheesecake recipe that I have always used:

Cheesecake
2 c. graham cracker crumbs
3 tbsp. sugar
1/2 c. butter, melted
**Combine these ingredients, stirring well.  Pat into the bottom and partially up the sides of your springform pan.  Put this in the freezer while you make your filling.
3 8 oz. blocks of cream cheese, softened
2 tsp. vanilla
3 eggs
1/3 c. flour
1 c. sour cream
2 tsp. lemon juice
**Beat your cream cheese, sugar and vanilla together until smooth.  Add your eggs one at a time, beating your batter in between each egg addition.  Add in the flour.  Then add the sour cream and lemon juice.  Mix well.  Pour into your crust.  Bake at 350 for 60-70 minutes, Until the middle is set.  Turn off the oven and open your oven door slightly and let the cheesecake rest in the oven for an hour.  Remove from oven and chill. 
We usually have Cherry Pie Filling on top of our cheesecake but you can eat it plain or with whatever topping you like best.  To make this a chocolate chip cheesecake, simply stir in
1 1/2 c. miniature chocoate chips and then bake!

No comments:

Post a Comment