Total Pageviews

Friday, June 17, 2011

TGIF ~ Brownies!

It's Friday - we have made it through another work week :)  So I think we should treat ourselves with the brownie recipe I have for you here.  I found this in yesterday's Minneapolis Star Tribune Taste section (my favorite section, obviously!)  Brownies have always reminded me of my Uncle Jerome he and Aunt Lois used to take me and my cousin camping with them.  They had a fancy, schmancy camper with a real oven!  My uncle loved Brownies with Peanut butter spread on top.  So we would get to bake these for him when we were camping....good memories.  Anywhoo, without further ado, here is the recipe:

Homewood Brownies
1/2 c. butter
1/2 c. Crisco shortening
3 squares (1 oz. each) unsweetened chocolate
1 1/2 c. flour
1/2 tsp. baking powder
1/4 tsp. salt
4 eggs
2 c. sugar
1 tsp. vanilla
**  Preheat oven to 350.  In a saucepan combine the butter, shortening and chocolate, stir over low heat until melted.  Remove from heat and cool slightly.  In another bowl, beat together the 4 eggs.  Beating steadily and briskly.  Gradually combine the eggs into your chocolate mixture until well combined.  Stir in the sugar and vanilla.  Then add your dry ingredients mixing until well combined.  *Add nuts if you desire.
**Pour batter into a lightly Pam sprayed 9 x 13 pan.  Bake for 15-20 minutes.  Do not overbake.  Dust with Powdered sugar (if desired). Cool before slicing!

Well, I am off to the gym now so I can have one of these later!


No comments:

Post a Comment