Total Pageviews

Monday, June 27, 2011

Wind, Sun, Lawnmowing & Cake :)

Well, today was almost a perfect day!  We had Sun, we had a decent temperature, the humidty was low, but the wind sure was strong . . . .I did however get the lawn mowed, figured I better do it today, before the humidity and heat sets in this week.  Always a good feeling to get the lawn mowed, our house is for sale, so then I am always thinking, jeez someone should come and look today!  Kids were off rock picking too, they came home covered in dirt from head to toe, so I can add that the laundry machine is humming along getting the clothes cleaned before tomorrow's dirt can set in.  My hubby decided to throw a roast in the crock pot this morning so we had that sliced up for sandwiches for supper and I made the following cake for dessert!

Strawberry-Vanilla Bundt Cake
1 box Betty Crocker Golden Vanilla cake mix
** Add the ingredients listed on the back of the box and mix well.  Then stir in 1 c. chopped strawberries and any juice they create.  Mix well with your mixer.  Pour into a greased bundt pan.  Bake for about 40 minutes, at 350 degrees, until it is set and done.  I frosted it with cream cheese frosting, which you can find the recipe for in an earlier blog ( I believe its listed with Carrot Cake!).  I must say it turned out very yummy, the strawberries managed to sink to the bottom (which turned out to be the top of the cake!)  The whole family thought it was very good!  (Yeah, score one for me!) Ha! 


No comments:

Post a Comment