Total Pageviews

Wednesday, June 15, 2011

Hump Day~!

Well, today is/was, hump-day.  My two kids (19 & 20) who are home from college for the summer, were supposed to be rock picking today - but Mother Nature decided that they should have the day off and be home.  Grant kept himself busy running around visiting various friends and did get called in to his job @ BP for a few hours too.  Heather and I went to workout at SNAP and then we decided it was a good (dreary) day for baking some cookies.  So we whipped up a double-batch of Chocolate Chip cookies - I would share this recipe with you - but I like to keep it kind of top-secret.  Many people who have had my chocolate chip cookies declare them the best they have had and I still hold out hope that someday they will make me some money or fame (ha!).  We also threw a lemon pepper chicken, and potatoes in the oven so that for supper we were able to enjoy chicken, baked potatoes and asparagus!  It was good if I do say so myself.  Now with the family all disbursed to various activities and me listening to the dishwasher humming along, I had time to sit and write on my blog!  I am reading through a book I bought called, "A passion for baking" by Marcy Goldman.  If you haven't seen this book you should check it out - YUMMY recipes and pictures too  :)

Here is one such recipe "that I have tweaked" a bit to suit my family:

Candy Bar Shortbread
1 c. butter, softened (Paula Deen I wish you were reading this!)
2/3 c. sugar
2 1/2 c. flour
pinch of salt
4-6 chopped up Snickers or Milky Way Candy bars (depends on how much you want!)
*Preheat your oven to 325.  Grease a 9 x 13 pan.  Combine your butter and sugar until blended and flour and salt to make a stiff doe.  Pat the dough into your pan.  Bake until lightly golden (25-35 minutes).  Sprinkle your chopped candy bars over the top  Let set about 5 minutes and then smear your chocolate around.  Refrigerate to let set!

 

1 comment: