Total Pageviews

Sunday, June 12, 2011

Sunday Morning Waffles~!

Just got done feeding the troops waffles and Jimmy Dean (50% less fat) sausage  :)  Now the rest of the day can unfold!  Sunday mornings I like watching the CBS Sunday Morning Show - it always has interesting stories.  Then I always get up and get going and make some kind of breakfast that is not cold cereal (save that for the rest of the days!).  Here is my waffle recipe, we eat them with butter & syrup or with whipped cream and strawberries, both are equally delicious.

Waffles
3 egg yolks
3 c. skim milk
3 c. flour
2 tbsp. baking powder
3/4 tsp. salt
1/2 c. canola oil
*Begin by seperating your eggs.  Place the whites in a seperate bowl.  To the yolks add the rest of the ingredients in the order listed.  Stirring together.  Then whip your egg whites and gently fold into your waffle batter.  Pour into your waffle iron and cook as directed according to your waffle iron.

Now that this post is up, I am off for some shopping and a birthday party later.
Have a great day!

4 comments:

  1. I found you through basilmomma's blog hop:) Now, you got me craving some waffles;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm here from basilmomma's, too! :) Nice thoughts and recipes. "Hi" from a former Minnesotan!
    ~ Kimby (aka okielicious)

    ReplyDelete