Total Pageviews

Wednesday, January 25, 2012

A cookie a day - Layer Bar Cookies :)

Ok, this is the first time I am kind of cheating on the cookie a day thing, but hey this recipe is straight from my cookie-a-day calendar!  Last night my hubby said, I think I am getting a cold and my daughter said, oh I feel like throwing up~  ugh, can you say Lysol wipes?  I am using them fast and furious on everything because these 2 housemates of mine, better not make me sick!  Whip these bars up and have some for dessert for your family tonight!

Layer Bar Cookies
6 tbsp. butter
2 c. graham cracker (or vanilla wafer) crumbs
1 c. semisweet chocolate chips
1 c. white chocolate chips
1 c. butterscotch chips
1 c. flaked coconut
1 c. chopped pecans (if desired)
1 c. sweetened condensed milk (I use the fat-free kind!)

Preat your oven to 325.  Line a 8" pan with parchment paper.  Melt the butter in a saucepan.  Remove from heat and stir in the crumbs.  Press into the pan.  Layer on the rest of the ingredients.  Pour the condensed milk over the top.  Bake 30 to 35 minutes!  Cool at least 1 hour before cutting.

No comments:

Post a Comment