Total Pageviews

Tuesday, January 24, 2012

Slow Cooker Beef & Tomato Stew

My lovely, thoughtful daughter, gave me a gift subscription to the little magazine called, "Everyday Food", I found this recipe in it and I have it going in the crock pot tomorrow as a meal for tomorrow.  Since, no one will be home for supper tonight.  Everyone is working  :)  Which is a good thing ( I guess!)  I modified the recipe a bit to fit what I had here in the house, so I didn't have to run out to the store!

Beef & Tomato Stew
1 small onion, diced
3 medium carrots, diced
1/4 c. chopped celery
2 pounds of beef chuck or tenderized beef steak, cut into small pieces
1 can diced tomatoes (I used the italian style)
1 c. water
salt & pepper

Place all ingredients in the crock pot - cook on low for 6-8 hours.  Serve over cooked rice!  Top with a dollop of yogurt if desired. 

No comments:

Post a Comment