Total Pageviews

Sunday, January 8, 2012

A cookie a day!

Ok - apparently my fabulous cookie-a-day calendar thinks that it is !ok to post one recipe for both days of the weekend??????????  Ummmmmmmmmm no, this is not ok - so I decided I would just give you a cookie recipe of mine to fill the lull in the calendar!

This recipe is very versatile and yummy too.  Oh and by the way - the hubby and I went to Granite City Brewery today for BRUNCH and they have a buffet that was FABULOUS - I usually don't love the buffet deal but this was very good and worth it - we did not get one bad thing to eat.

Powder Sugar Cookies
1 c. crisco shortening
1 c. powdered sugar
1 egg
1 tsp. almond flavoring
2 c. flour
1 tsp. baking soda
1/2 tsp. cream of tartar

Mix all together.  Roll into balls.  Flatten on the cookie sheet with a glass dipped in sugar.  Bake at 350 for 8-10 minutes.  You can eat them plain or you can frost them!  I love them plain.  This recipe also works very well for cutout cookies, so think ahead to Valentines Day and make some heart cookies for your family and friends  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment